• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UK ME/CFS Biobank requires further blood samples from people with severe ME/CFS and from healthy con

charles shepherd

More help required with research involving people with severe mE/CFS:

This study is being funded by MERUK: Call for severely ill participants

Prof Julia Newton’s team at Newcastle University are working on an ME Research UK-funded project on severely affected ME/CFS patients (housebound or bed-bound, including in a wheelchair) , and have put a call out for participants living in the Northern Region (the North of England from North Cumbria to Teesside).

There are two phases to the project. The first is a postal survey consisting of three optional questionnaires – this will help the team to compile a register of severely affected people. The second is to select some people from the register for more in-depth assessment in their own homes.

For more details, patients, their family members or friends should email the Severe ME/CFS team at 'meresearchuk@newcastle.ac.uk', or contact: ME Research UK Severe ME/CFS, BRC Office, Old Victoria Wing, Old Ward 1, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Queen Victoria Road, Newcastle, NEI 4LP.

The background to the study can be read here http://bit.ly/S2yeDx