• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

UAA test, Urea Cycle, and the aminos that go with it

Peyt

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to educate myself about the test results I have received from my Urine Amino Acid test in hopes of bettering my kidney function and over all health... I would really appreciate if anyone can answer any of my questions.
First of all, I have a history of kidney stones. Even though I have not had them for about 8 years(ever since I started drinking 8 cups of water every morning) I still feel alot of low back pain and my glucose levels are in the high 90's with a history of family diabetics.

The last blood test I took showed my Uric Acid at around 7.9 which is higher than the range.

Now here is my test results as far as the section in the UAA test for Urea Cycle:
Arginine 13 (Range 8-50)
Aspartate 4.2 (range 7-23) ===== VERY LOW
Citrulline 0.32 (Range 1-24) ===== VERY LOW
Ornithine 5.6 (Range 3-35)
Urea 300 (Range 150-480)
Ammonia 27400 (Range 9000-39000)
Glutamine 100 (Range 180- 530) VERY LOW
Asparagine 53 (Range 40 - 180)

Here are my questions:
1. As I understand Citrulline needs to combine with Asparatate to form Argininosuccinic Acid and eventually Arginine and I am low in both of those.... Should I take Both Citrulline and Asparatate?
2. Is it true that Asparatate could become toxic?
3. Is there any recommendations you can make based on the info above for me to follow instead of trying to
just take Citrulline and Asparatate together?

Thanks so much in advance,

Hey did you ever figure this out? I haven't had the UAA test but working towards it. Which aminos do you take and how do they work?