• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues

I don;t completely understand this bioethics comittee yet. It might not suit our situation. However, it could be a possible good way to get the presidents ear. I don't know. PLease see for yourself if there is a advocacy potential here.

Looks like the president created a commission in response to the past experiments on unknowing guinnie pigs in the US and to issues involving genetics and such. Not quite totally sure what the thrust is completely. However, it may be an avenue to get thru to the president and let him know about how the CDC is behaving.

here is a news article. on the topic:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/02/bioethics-panel-_n_830207.html

"Experts say that the kind of unethical medical studies that occurred half a century ago could still happen again despite more than 1,000 rules and regulations that should prevent such abuses."

Might be worth understanding more about the committee an Maybe worth a letter or two..... Seems like one could make a good argument for how "bioethics" should start right with the government agencies that oversee public health. (ie: CDC)

http://www.bioethics.gov/

The Presidential Commission
for the Study of Bioethical Issues

General Inquiries

1425 New York Avenue, NW
Suite C-100
Washington, DC 20005
(202) 233-3960, phone
(202) 233-3990, fax
info@bioethics.gov

The BIOETHICS committee has a video from a meeting held Feb28 thru Mar 1. Maybe anyone left out of the CROI went?

I'll see if I can make it thru some of the meeting on video