• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The most common disease you've never seen': Telegraph article on Unrest

AndyPR

I've already shared this link here http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/unrest-updates.49859/page-3#post-886934 in a thread on Unrest updates but I think it would be beneficial to get more traffic, and hopefully comments, on the first article on Unrest in the UK mainstream media (that I can think of) itself by having a separate thread for it.

The most common disease you've never seen': how one woman turned her illness into a life-changing film

Jennifer Brea was 28 when she was bedridden with a high fever. As she explains, "I got better, but something wasn't right." She, like millions of people worldwide, had contracted Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, or myalgic encephalomyelitis, otherwise known as ME.
Suddenly, her life as she knew it, as a newlywed PhD student at Harvard University, was put on hold, as she became progessively more ill, losing even the ability to sit in a wheelchair. Doctors told her that her condition was “all in her head”. There was, and remains, no cure.

Then, four years ago, from her bed, Brea began to make a film about her experiences after keeping a video diary with her iPhone. In doing so, she gave a voice to those who suffer from "the most common disease you've never seen", and encouraged scientists and medical professionals to plough their energies into unravelling a condition that has mystified physicians for years.

Unrest won a prize at Sundance film festival earlier this year, and became one of the first titles to be released with the support of Sundance Institute’s Creative Distribution Fellowship, which aims to empowering entrepreneurial Sundance filmmakers.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...-seen-one-woman-turned-illness-life-changing/