• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The ME (ICC) vs CFS (Fukuda) Diagnosis Poll

I Meet the Criteria For

• CFS according to the Fukuda Definition (1994) but not the ICC for ME

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • ME according to the ICC for ME (2011) but not the Fukuda def for CFS

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I meet the criteria for both the ICC and the Fukuda definition

Votes: 74 88.1%
  • I don't meet either definition

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Sing

Cort, will this poll find its way to researchers? I really want them to know what our patient group responses are. I realize this won't count as a scientific study, but as a strong indicator for which way to go with the research, I feel it makes a very valuable contribution.

Ember

Cort, will this poll find its way to researchers? I really want them to know what our patient group responses are. I realize this won't count as a scientific study, but as a strong indicator for which way to go with the research, I feel it makes a very valuable contribution.

I think this poll is very misleading. Category 1 patients, "CFS according to the Fukuda Definition (1994) but not the ICC for ME," are hardly represented. Most of them are probably too high-functioning to be part of this community.