• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Testing in the UK - Methylation Pathways Panel

Uno

Hi folks

Under my charity Neuroimmune Alliance, I am trying to arrange labs in the UK to offer a methylation pathways panel as recommended by Rich Van K.

Currently not one lab or doctor runs this test so I am trying to use existing labs to offer a service.

The Doctors Laboratory are saying that Homocystine needs to be frozen, does anyone know how correct this is?

It seems ridiculous that we have to send our bloods all the way to the USA to get tested!

If anyone has had any success with any labs please let me know!

PeterPositive

This lab: http://www.europeanlaboratory.nl/
provides a methylation panel, which is quite expensive (~300€) and provides levels of glutathione, SAMe, SAH and all forms of folate. Blood samples must be sent pretty fast (24h) in ice to them. They are located in the Netherlands.

Hope it helps

xrunner

Just to add to the above post that Biolab in London will take care of everything in terms of logistics i.e. from drawing blood, to icing etc.