• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Taking DMSA. Accidentally missed doses, what to do?

veganmua

My Dad takes DMSA. 12.5mg every 4 hours for mercury chelation, 3 days on 4 days off. Today was the start of the 5th round. He took the first dose this morning, then didn't set his reminders, so forgot the rest of his doses.
How to proceed? Take the rest of his doses for the remainder of the 3 days? Leave it off until starting the next round?
Any advice would be appreciated, or if you could point me to any info that would help.
Thanks!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I'm just guessing but if this was the first day just start again tomorrow like it was the first day? It would be different if he missed a few days.

But I'm guessing. I did DMPS chelation and im sure I forgot a dose here and there.

TheChosenOne

I don't think it's such a problem. The reason why you have to take it regularly is because it would just redistribute without actually chalate, making the patient feel much worse. Since he only started his chelation rounds, I guess he can continue.
I forget to take it from time to time in the middle of the night because I'm too tired and fall asleep immediately when I turn off my alarm. I always feel bad the day afterwards, but I don't think it slowed me down in a significant way.