• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Supplements for word finding and speaking?

Tunguska

That's (one of) my curse, starting conversations perfectly fluent until 5 minutes in my mind exits the vehicle and I crash spectacularly.

I got bit by diet changes and too little choline, too few/infrequent carbs, too little/poor protein, and cutting MCT/coconut oil, all crept up. There's even something to purine intake (inosine, uric acid, etc.) but I can't get a handle on it.

Choline bitartrate is alright but it might be safer in the L- isomer form than the DL-. Alpha GPC is likely the best but whether it's worth the price difference is another story. CDP-choline is more uridine than choline (uridine is hit or miss as a nootropic, I believe it can help this problem through PC synthesis but more over time).

ALCAR is the go-to entry-level safe nootropic that works for everybody (except me), so looks like you were in good hands.

(This post was written by Tianeptine - which helps this problem somewhat but I couldn't recommend for it)