• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Some methylation questions

Johnmac

I've been on the Rich von K simplified protocol for 5 weeks (very beneficial). Now I want to get a bit more detailed & methodical.

I've got my 23andMe results, and have been through the Yasko book & Heartfixer site to determine what supps/diet changes to make, as workarounds for my SNPs. I've made a list of things to introduce - in 'Yasko order' (e.g. ACAT first). Questions:

* So now I start introducing those things gradually, right?

* Do I need every supplement for each SNP? For example ACAT needs Adenosyl B12, other forms of B12, low dose vit E succinate, a little Actofolate, CQ10, lactoferrin. SAMe, bile salts, GSH, curcumin, quercetin. For the sake of my wallet (& simplicity) could I (for example) forget about the quercetin, lactoferrin, bile salts and SAMe?

* Typically, how long might I wait before I notice anything?

* When do I move on to the next SNP?

* Apart from my MAO-A (which is a simple +), all my SNPs are +/-. Most of the Yasko & Heartfixer recommendations are for people with +/+ SNPs. So do I just water down the prescriptions somewhat - take less?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

John

FYI, I have these SNPs: ACAT, CBS, MTHFR, MTR, MTRR, BHMT, COMT, VDR (all +/-), and MAO-A (+).

Lotus97

Yeah, it would be a good idea to add things gradually. I know very little about SNP testing, but I am relatively confident that even if you have the exact same profile as someone else you might still react differently to the various supplements because there are so many variables that affect a person's body chemistry.