When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

SMCI Monthly Update Thread - June 2018

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Emily Taylor, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Hello from the Solve ME/CFS Initiative. We want to share our latest news and research with you, but we also want to respect your space and not spam the forums. In order to do that, we are starting a monthly thread where will we add all of the latest news from SMCI. Throughout the month we plan to use this thread to post our latest news and research.

**My apologies we missed updates for May while I was traveling in Washington DC.**

alkt likes this.
  2. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Preliminary Results from Ramsay 2016 Projects - Teams 2 & 4

In 2016, Solve ME/CFS Initiative launched the first cycle of the Ramsay Award Program. The Ramsay Awards are foundational to SMCI’s commitment to explore worthy research avenues. This program aims to move the field forward by funding innovative research across many disciplines, bring new researchers in the myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) field, and provide seed dollars so that researchers can go on to obtain funds for larger studies in their areas of expertise.

We are pleased to announce the first group of research teams funded by the Ramsay Awards are beginning to report results. In this edition, we feature results from two Ramsay 2016 Teams. We look forward to providing a full report out following the publication of the study outcomes. READ MORE

jpcv, Jackb23, alkt and 2 others like this.
  3. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    SMCI Ramsay Awards 2017: Meet Research Team 5
    The Ramsay Award program is a foundation of the Solve ME/CFS Initiative’s (SMCI) commitment to explore all worthy research avenues. This program aims to move the field forward by funding innovative research across many disciplines, bring new researchers in the the myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) field, and provide seed dollars so that researchers can go on to obtain funds for larger studies in their areas of expertise. In 2017, we chose five scientifically diverse teams to fund. We are proud to introduce you to our 2017 Ramsay Research Team 5. READ MORE

AnnaDove and ljimbo423 like this.
  4. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    LINK

Five more research teams working on the gut, metabolism and the immune system!!:thumbsup::)

Jim

AnnaDove and Emily Taylor like this.
  5. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Research Team 5-

LINK

Jim

CJB and Emily Taylor like this.
  6. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    Reminder: ME/CFS Research webinar Thursday, June 28
    The Solve ME/CFS Initiative (SMCI) is pleased to announce the return of our popular webinar series for 2018 with “Crossroad of the immune response and the microbiome: Impact on ME/CFS” p
    resented by Derya Unutmaz, MD, Professor and Principal Investigator at The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine.

This webinar will take place on Thursday June 28th at 10am PST / 1pm EDT

Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8156426135278094337

ljimbo423 likes this.
  7. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    In Case you Missed it: Full Discovery Forum Presentation from Dr. Rick Williams is now available
    [​IMG]

View the full presentation from Discovery Forum 2017 with Dr. Rick Williams, Principal Investigator for Medical & Public Health Research at RTI International prepared with his colleague Dr. Becky McNeil, Research Statistician, also of RTI International.

RTI is the lead organization for the Data Management Coordination Center (DMCC) for the new NIH-funded Collaborative Research Centers. Dr. Rick Williams will play a leading role in bringing together the work at Columbia University, Cornell University and Jackson Labs over the next five years.

ljimbo423 likes this.
  8. Emily Taylor

Emily Taylor

Los Angeles, CA
    WEBINAR RESCHEDULED!
    New date is Thursday July 19, 10am PST / 1pm EST

See more popular forum discussions.