• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should I go to pink urine with MB12?

Hi All,

I was actually tested to be low in B12, which means I am probably VERY low by this point. I have been following Freddd's MB12+ADB12+Metafolin plan religiously for a few weeks now. I've been feeling better and better.

I take a single Enzymatic Therapy 1mg B12 each morning. I know Freddd recommended the 5mg Jarrow in the past, but no longer. So I just take the single 1mg.

I've read that some people experience pink urine from injected MB12, and some people even with sublingual.

I'm wondering if this is a good thing, that you've titrated up to as much as your body can hold and you're getting rid of excess.

Since, I've never experienced this, I wonder if I should be adding more ET 1mg a day up until I reach "urine tolerance" and keep it right before that level until I saturate my body. Or, is the urine thing just a side effect with people who have kidney issues or just not absorbing it well in the first place?

Or, does this only happen with injected MB12, and sublingual will never go to pink urine?

Adster

I reckon you'd have to use quite a bit of sublingual b12 to see colour change in urine. I noticed it when I was injecting 8mg subcutaneously. I think you'd run out of time in the day and gum space with 1mg tablets to have a similar effect. It's best to use it before midday so it doesn't interrupt sleep, so there are only so many hours you can be absorbing it.

Thanks Adster, that's what I was wondering myself. Wow, 8mg injected! I take 1mg sublingually. Should I be taking a lot more?

Phred

Hi Beefsterq,

I take the 1mg ET myself. Until a few days ago I was taking 4 of the 1mg subs in the morning and then a Jarrow 5mg in the early afternoon. I finally got my next order of ET so now I'm taking 4 1mg subs in the morning (they last for about an hour and a half) and 4 1mg subs in the early afternoon. HOLY CRAP!!! I'm having start up all over again. I'd forgotten the energy boost this gives. I feel like I've had 10 cups of coffee without the shakes. It's pretty wild. I will say it has disrupted my sleep a little. I was still pretty wired until after midnight. If I remember correctly, this will settle down after a few more days.

Maybe you could try adding 1mg more and see if that does anything for you. Pink urine from subs would be very difficult. I think Freddd has achieved it, but he's also taking 30mg of the ET a day right now. I really don't know how he does it. I can only really fit 4 in my mouth at a time. Maybe he has a big mouth, lol.

Wow, Phred, did you find a larger bottle of the ET? I can only find 30/bottle. At that rate, you'd go through a bottle in less than 4 days!!! And 8 bottles a month!

Do you plan to stay on the 4+4 ET dosage for an extended period, or are you in some sort of loading phase? (or do you just do it when you need a rush and have a deadline at work or something?)

Do you ratchet up your Metafolin/ADB12 as well when you go up that high on the ET MB12?

Phred

Beefsterq I didn't find a bigger bottle. I wish I had. I'm just going to have to order often. I have increased my methylfolate amount by twice as much. I've also increased my potassium intake, both through diet and supplementation. I'm going to try adb12 every day to see what happens with that too. I haven't had any adb12 in about a week and a half. Today I took half a sub of 10mg. Tomorrow I'll take a quarter sub (so 2.5mg) and stick with a quarter sub daily for a little while. I'm curious to see what will happen.

I decided to up my ET subs because I was still having a lot numbing in my hands and foot pain. I should mention that I don't have CFS so my symptoms stem from a true b12 deficiency. For that reason my reactions are probably different from others on this board.

Phred, I completely understand. I also am not CFS but suffer from clinical B12 deficiency as well, I learned only after being being bit by a tick. I probably had low stores for a long time due to being vegetarian, but, that seemed to raise the deficiency significantly to where I had the same as you, numb tingling hands. It's helped me immensely in a short time.

I didn't realize ADB12 wasn't an every day thing :). I've been taking 800mcg solgar methylfolate, 1/4 of a 10mg ADB12 (source naturals), and 1 ET MB12 every morning before my coffee. I was wondering if you gained anything extra by bumping up the B12, but sounds like I'm fine where I am as the numbness has subsided.

Thanks for the response and good luck raising your dosage!