• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Searching for complete methylation cycle overview

I have problems with Yasko's methylation chart, because there's so much missing. A lot of information is like "take Supplement XYZ if you have SNP XX, it will help" but without explanation why. I want to know why a specific supplement would help. I want to know exactly what's going on there. Does anyone know a chart or a text explaining the methylation cycle, that would be suitable für chemical professionals?

South

I'm almost as far from being a native German speaker as one can be, but my parents spoke German and I picked up a little. So be kind if I translate this incorrectly: the chart in the link I'm posting is "furchtbar". A terrible chart, because it is so complex. But hopefully it is correct.

Anyway, here is the link I refer to sometimes. Also, If you scroll down the page on that site, you'll reach hotlinks to definitions of various parts of the big methylation cycle.

http://www.heartfixer.com/AMRI-Nutrigenomics.htm

Hi South, thank you so much! I already know this chart, and it's like I said: Not complex enough. :alien:

I had the idea to search for the different enzymes. Maybe I can find more this way.