Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Role of gut bacteria could be important in preventing type 1 diabetes

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Gondwanaland, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  2. AndyPR

AndyPR Senior Member

@Gondwanaland Thanks for posting. Although there are no official forum rules about it (that I'm aware of), generally speaking we tend to only quote the first couple of paragraphs so that those interested will click through and "give" the hosting website more traffic, rather than quoting the whole article.

3. Gondwanaland

I fixed that, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

4. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    @Gondwanaland The paper linked to at the end of the article has some interesting things to say about autoimmunity. :thumbsup:

Protective major histocompatibility complex allele prevents type 1 diabetes by shaping the intestinal microbiota early in ontogeny

Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. Gondwanaland

I am so glad to have found a study on it becausue it is blatant

6. ebethc

ebethc Senior Member

thanks for this... very interesting..

I'm curious about the inflammation of the pancreas.. I wonder what caused this, or where it falls in the chain of events (eg, does a dysfunction microbiome have a big & negative impact on health of pancreas??)... It's probably not that simple, but I'd love to understand the relationship better... Taking Wobenzym (and similar products that contain pancreatic enzymes) has been in top 3-5 positive impacts in my health... (greatly reduces pain, stiffness... cognition is better b/c proteolytic enzymes help break up all the pain/pressure in my sinuses... big improvement on QOL)

7. kangaSue

kangaSue Senior Member

Brisbane, Australia
    Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.