• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Rich: comments on cdc NK cell/overactive methylation study in CFS

voner

Hi Voner,
.............. With the methylfolate, it is ALWAYS affected if I remove the the folate containing things which these days are too many veggies, from my diet. I can eat salad or yellow squash or steamed carrots, or whatever veggies I want. If I have two servings it starts to get iffy and If i eat pure vegetarian for a day or have 3 servings for a couple of days folate deficiency comes bounding back with IBS. There is now a 100% correlation. I can make it happen and I can get rid of it. The difficult part is eating all the veggies I like and NOT having folate deficiency and IBS.

Fredd:

I am confused. Could you rephrase your statements about veggies and your diet and Methylfolate??

thanks!

Freddd

Fredd:

I am confused. Could you rephrase your statements about veggies and your diet and Methylfolate??

thanks!

Hi Voner,

I can get paradoxical folate deficiency by eating to many veggies containing folate. Folinic acid is a major folate form in vegetables. In pill form or vegetable form folinic acid blocks Meafolin causing almost instant folate deficiency in me and shutting down cell formation in fast dividing cells in the epithelial tissues; skin, lining of Gi tract, vaginal, bladder and urinary plumbing, lungs and even the tubules of the kidney are specialized epithelial tissues. Too many servings of veggies make me sick from folate deficiency. I take a lot of Metafolin just to get past the vegetable folate I eat and about 1/3 the time it just isn't enough.

I can make it happen 100% predictable. I can relieve it 100% predictable. The difficult part is to be able to eat my veggies and NOT have folate deficiency. I haven'y got that nailed yet, just how much I can eat.