• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Recurring dream

Since I fell I have had a recurring dream. It is a dream with me having companion with a pet or cuddle with an animal. It is extremely affectionate. Almost aggressive. Usually it is a small bird or a small dog. Very strange.

Is there anyone else who has this phenomenon?
Take care

240px-Hammer_hold_Great_tit.jpg

PatJ

Forum Support Assistant
If you have mystical leanings then you might like the idea of a dream spirit animal.

Or, if you ever felt comforted by a pet when you were younger, maybe this is your mind's way of trying to comfort itself during a time of stress and uncertainty?

perchance dreamer

I don't know what it could mean, @James_B, but I do take recurring dreams seriously.

For over a year, I had recurring dreams of clogged toilets and bowel urgency. Then I developed IBS, which I no longer have thanks to dietary changes and supplements. The funny thing is that I had no noticeable symptoms while I was having those dreams. It felt to me once I developed IBS that some part of me had known it was developing even before I was symptomatic.

One of our members, @Dreambirdie, is interested in dreams. Maybe she could offer some insight.