The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Recurring dream

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by James_B, Jul 29, 2017.

1. James_B

James_B

Since I fell I have had a recurring dream. It is a dream with me having companion with a pet or cuddle with an animal. It is extremely affectionate. Almost aggressive. Usually it is a small bird or a small dog. Very strange.

Is there anyone else who has this phenomenon?
    Take care

[​IMG]

2. PatJ

PatJ Forum Support Assistant

Canada
    If you have mystical leanings then you might like the idea of a dream spirit animal.

Or, if you ever felt comforted by a pet when you were younger, maybe this is your mind's way of trying to comfort itself during a time of stress and uncertainty?

3. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I don't know what it could mean, @James_B, but I do take recurring dreams seriously.

For over a year, I had recurring dreams of clogged toilets and bowel urgency. Then I developed IBS, which I no longer have thanks to dietary changes and supplements. The funny thing is that I had no noticeable symptoms while I was having those dreams. It felt to me once I developed IBS that some part of me had known it was developing even before I was symptomatic.

One of our members, @Dreambirdie, is interested in dreams. Maybe she could offer some insight.

4. Francis Hale

Francis Hale

I have similar dreams when I walk through the forest and I am surrounded by magical animals and birds.

See more popular forum discussions.