• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ran out of B-complex

I've been taking 5mg Methylcobalamin, Zinc and a B12 complex at lunch and ,most days when I remember a top up B12 in the evening. It's been good until I recently ran out of B12 complex and on the shelf in the supermarket, in it's place was high dose B6, and I got confused thinking B6 was folate so I bought it.
Now something is wrong. My concentration is going, tiredness, even aches and pains are worse. Productivity dropping.
Obviously it's been getting worse over as few days and tomorrow, I'm going to get my B complex back. Makes me wonder whether I should re-visit the idea of taking high dosage Methylfolate again, although bear in mind I'm not following a methylation regime and am no expert on it, what-so-ever. :)

PeterPositive

Just make sure to stop the B6 supplement. Being a water-soluble vitamin it will get out of your system pretty soon.

Does your B12 complex has any folate in it? If not it would be best to take a bit of folate to help the B12. Since you're not doing a methylation therapy a basic dose of 100-400mcg would be ok.

cheers

ETA = by folate I mean folinic ac. or methylfolate. Avoid the folic acid, if possible.

Hi there, I got my new supply of B12 complex this morning. Yes it contains Folate, but all the B vits are only represented in this tablet at 100% RDA, not super strong. But after a short snooze after taking the tablet I drifted awake with kind of electricity along my skin and arms, like a sleeping robot coming back to life... slowly but surely...