• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Quick TMG question - "tolerating it"

bigmillz

I keep reading that TMG may be helpful if one can tolerate it. I added 500mg yesterday and felt very stimulated and great. Tried 1000mg today, same thing, but about 4 hours in, totally tanked it - ready for a nap, brain fog, etc.

Is this a sign I can't tolerate it? Thinking about taking a day off then going back to 500mg and seeing if the problem happens again. Not ruling out that it's just a fluke, the weather, or that I've been working a lot this week, either. Thanks for any input/experiences.

Oberon

I think a few things are possible:
1. 1000mg is too high of a dose causing you to crash --> try 500mg
2. Another cofactor is depleted with your TMG use --> review the methylation cycle
3. It could be completely unrelated.

The only way to know for sure is to experiment. It sounds like you had a better experience with 500mg so why not try that again?

bigmillz

Ended up trying 1000, and 1500 the day after, with great results! Although the TMG is becoming rapidly less noticeable (perhaps a good thing, it was very stimulating).