ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Questions to ask the panel at OMF symposium on 29th Sep ?

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by raghav, Sep 12, 2018.

1. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Dear Friends,
    I see that some of the PR members are personally going to the symposium on 29th. So I thought if we (those who are not attending ) can ask questions and doubts through them at the symposium. You can list your questions here and we will see how best we can get them answered. There is no compulsion on the participating PR members to ask these questions.:)

Mel9, Diwi9, Judee and 3 others like this.
  2. Cam Newton

Cam Newton

If the metabolic trap theory is true how does it explain the clonal t-cells that Mark Davis found?

Judee and ljimbo423 like this.
  3. raghav

raghav Senior Member

India
    Is leaky gut preventing the system from rebooting ?

S-VV, bertiedog, Judee and 1 other person like this.
  4. Seven (formerly lnester7)

Seven (formerly lnester7) Seven

USA
    Would plp like me that are bed ridden one day totally normal a few days later tell them something from research perspective?

Judee and junkcrap50 like this.
  5. junkcrap50

junkcrap50 Senior Member

How does the metabolic trap theory compare to and what do Robert Phair and Ron Davis think of Nancy Klimas's insilico computer model of ME/CFS and her CFS patient studies testing this model which are to begin this fall/winter? Do they think the metabolic trap theory will be be compatible with/be similar to her insilico model?

6. crypt0cu1t

crypt0cu1t IG: @skagginwagon

California
    Do people with autoantibodies represent a different subset of ME/CFS patients or a different disease all together?

Sing and Gingergrrl like this.
  7. Diwi9

Diwi9 Administrator

USA
    I will follow this thread and save the questions to see if I can get some answers at the symposium.

Sing, Gingergrrl, Sushi and 3 others like this.
  8. Tally

Tally Senior Member

Which autoantibodies did you have in mind?

From my understanding there are autoantibodies which mean it's another diseases altogether such as anti-transglutaminase antibodies would mean it's probably Coeliac disease, and Thyroperoxidase Antibody would signal Graves disease.

Not that one can't be unlucky and have ME/CFS and another autoimmune condition but I'm guessing that's not what you meant?

Gingergrrl and crypt0cu1t like this.
  9. crypt0cu1t

crypt0cu1t IG: @skagginwagon

California
    Well I personally have inflammation markers (ESR, CRP) and AChR antibodies along with Salivary protein 1 antibodies

Gingergrrl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.