• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Question about Megafood Vitamins?

So, in my case, I have no colon, and I find high doses of vitamin b12 might give me diarrhea, as I really need to absorb it. I can't remember, as I tried this a long time ago, but has anyone thought about taking a balanced b complex or b12 from the megafood vitamins as they are food? Would that bother my stomach, or I am concerned about the yeast? I tried to find posts about this, but I couldn't find much.

whodathunkit

Megafood has a good reputation. Vitamins made from food are supposed to be better for you. But I personally never noticed any difference when taking them v. taking other vitamins, except they are more expensive. They're also "horsepill" type tablets (not caps). Quite large. If that makes a difference to you.

If you're worried about b12 absorption you might try the b12 oils people have been talking about for some months. If you search this forum for threads titled "Transdermal B12 oils" you should be able to find it. Absorption through the skin bypasses anything that would go on in the stomach or intestines.

Good luck!

Thanks, I might try it out because for awhile I wasn't doing my supplements, and then doctor said they were low again, iron, folate, b12; however, now I remember why I stopped. I went crazy!!! I'll look into transdermal. I know magnesium oil goes better on me.