• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"power drain" feeling when walking

I can't believe the DWP took that attitude, that's ridiculous! As if someone is going to get a wheelchair if they don't need one. I was thinking of getting a folding wheelchair, but from everything you say if I was going that route I'd need an electric one which wouldn't fold anywhere near as much and if it folded at all would be a top of the range really expensive one. Glad you have a good GP.

Seven7

Seven
...that means I would barely walk at all @Inester7! I've already become very deconditioned (initially through life cirumstances but now through CFS, wonder if there is at least a partial connection) and I can only walk for a few minutes sometimes before I get the power drain. Thanks for your thoughts.
Well within the bad news this is a good
News becuase you can treat that part. Have you done your self the Poors men tilt table test? What country are you on? I don't know if they treat OI in UK.
When I was very bed ridden some of my effort ( instead of doing something else) was making sure
I didn't Deconditioned but to be honest I put my money on OI vicious cycle.

Thanks Inester7. In the UK, I already had a TT test and it was inconclusive. Apparently I don't have PoTs but I do have unexplained tendency to neurally mediated syncope. However, that is a separate thing to the the power drain thing, which feels like it comes from muscles or energy in them, not a dizziness or low BP or anything.