Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Poll on tyramine sensitivity

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by vision blue, Feb 25, 2018.

?

Do you think you have a unusually high sensitivity to tyramine containing foods (think aged foods)?

Poll closed Aug 25, 2018.
  1. YES

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. vision blue

vision blue

Tyramine is a biogenic amine. Its similar in some ways to histamine, except broken down by MAO not DAO . Biogenic amines tend to be produced by protein as it ages (breakdown product of protein along with other amines) and sometimes by bacterial processing of undigested stuff. I should have clarified that the poll is only useful if NOT on an MAO-A inhibitor. That is, those who are on a drug known to inhbit the monamine oxidase A enzyme, are known to have bad effects from tyramine containing foods, but am asking about those who are not on such meds. Am asking because its a missing puzzle piece for me. ONe of the odd things that happened to me when I crashed from this illness was a senstivity to tyramine foods that has grown over the years. I think its connected, but really am not sure how.

Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.