• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Poll on taking Florinef in AM or PM

Do you take Florinef in AM or PM?

• AM

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • PM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split dosing to multiple times per day

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

BadBadBear

I am working my way back up on Florinef (Rx is .2mg/day, I dropped down to a lower dose and am titrating up).

It seems that .1 mg tab gives me a headache. If I split it into two doses it's not a problem. However, my BP is still low - 88/50 today. I'd like to add another half tab, so will it be as good if I take a half tab in the a.m. and a full tab in the p.m.? Are there any issues with taking Florinef at night & is it as useful as taking it during the morning?

Overall, I am not finding that salt loading or Florinef really matters. I thought about trying licorice again to see if it would have any effect, at least it doesn't seem to give me headaches like Florinef does.

BTW Low BP today was after eating Chinese food w/ copious soy sauce for dinner last night, and being up a good 2# in water weight today. If THAT doesn't make my BP go up a tad, I don't think anything will!!

Any commentary is appreciated.

Thank you!!
Michelle :)

Ema

I take 1 tab in the morning and half a tab in the evening. This works well for me and keeps me from getting up all night to go to the bathroom.

Many people successfully take it just in the morning though. Florinef is a very long lasting steroid so theoretically this should work fine. It's a matter of trial and error to some extent. I would try to keep the largest dose in the AM though to mimic the natural peak of aldosterone as much as possible.

Ema

SOC

My cardio said to take it all first thing in the morning. If there are problems taking it all at once then take half first thing in the morning and half at noon -- not later. He said taking it at night "is just wasting it". Whether he's right or not, I couldn't say. ;)