• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutreval Results help please

I have had my results back for my nutreval test and its not what I was expecting to see.

I suffer from chronic anhedonia, anxiety and brain fog/poor speech fluency. I always do well on Tyrosine until is stops working.

My yeast markers actually look o.k. tyrosine levels are good and Tyrosine metabolism markers are in range.

B vitamins all look o.k. but I do have low homovallinic acid - what do I need to do about this. I believe this is involved in dopamine sythesis which I believe is where my problems lie. With my tyrosine levels in middle of range I assume I convert Tyrosine to L-Dopa o.k. so do I need help converting L-Dopa to Dopamine?

Phenylalanine is at the high end of the range does this mean trouble converting it to tyrosine?

I also show low Vitamin D - Since I got the results (a week ago) I have been supplementing vitamin D, magnesium and Vitamin K2 - I have been feeling great similar to how I feel when fighting a virus or cold. I was thinking that this was due to Vitamin D's effect on the immune system. However the effects are starting to fade so Obviously there is more going on here,

Any help would be appreciated
Many Thanks

Attachments

• Nutreval Results.pdf
    537.8 KB · Views: 10

Critterina

High phenylalanine could mean low Vitamin C or low iron (or other things.) Sometimes the conversion is dependent on simple things like this.