• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

niacin flush

took 500mg takes 50 min to kick in lasts 1 hour
also my balls got a little warm so I got a little scared ..
why does niacin make me so warm? it feels good ican handle the cold better and why do i have to pee so bad? came out of nowhere did niacin do that.

TigerLilea

well i took 500mg so if i take 500mg tommorow again will i get the same effect? or should i up it to 1000mg . i really dont mind the redness and burning . How long does it take to see improvements for social anxiety or depression? weeks? i just had the burning for like 1 hour and than it calmed down and i been normal rest of the day.
I'd recommend starting at 25 to 50 mgs and slowly upping the dose each week. Taking 500 mgs to start is quite a high dose. And once you get up to 500 mg do divided doses throughout the day rather than taking 1,000 or 1,500 mgs all at once. You might even find that lower doses work for you and that you won't need to go up to the really high doses.