• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Video: What is ME/CFS?

LaurelB

Hey, all:

I have a new video up on YouTube to help try to raise awareness. Due to my health, it took me over 4 months to complete.

You can find it below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFUwg01brEk

I have disabled comments for the video because I'm too sick to monitor them on a regular basis. However, you are free to give the video a thumbs up or down as you feel appropriate. :)

Thanks! And thanks to all those who helped me with suggestions and clarifications!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Great job Laurel! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know how much energy it takes to make a video, and I am really grateful for your efforts putting this together.

I will pass it along to as many people as I can. :hug:

consuegra

This is such a fine video. Serene, powerful, beautifully paced, with a great song. This video carries such a strong attachment to the subject - deeply emotional, yet detached (in a good way) - and presenting the most important information without a lot of distractions. It packs a wallop - allowing also for contemplation. A very fine effort.

Chris
cfspatientadvocate

LaurelB

Thanks! I'm a bit bummed about my timing... posting the day before all those annoying negative papers! Oh well. It doesn't change anything in the video, and I'm certain good science will prevail in the end. :)