• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neuromuscular damage from B12 deficiency - take action or wait for neurology appt.?

roxie60

The following is a thread from 'Mothering.com' and in it Mamafish9 idents BHMT01 rs482842 as the rs. This was back in 6/2010. I'm still searching to find verification of which of the BHMT rs# is the one we should be reporting (the one Yasko has identified as related to methylation cycle).

"I told them I am a member of a forum with lots of kids with food allergies, and I have a big group who would be really interested in learning about any discounts
smile.gif

I posted on the Yasko forums to see if anyone can tell me more about the nameless SNPs. I also am browsing the data in the 23andme sample account.

Here are my guesses:

AHCY 2: rs1205357

I don't think 23andme tests the other two AHCY snps. However, the support for those is very similar to SHMT, which you do have identified.

BHMT: taking a leap that the 1, 2, 4, 8 refer to a sequence of mutations Dr. Amy was monitoring, guessing that:

BHMT 1: rs492842
BHMT 2: rs6894156
BHMT 4: rs6875201 or rs379754
BHMT 8: rs3797546 or rs567754"