• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MY WASHINGTON DC TESTIMONY ON MAY10,2011

Kathi

If I can do anything so someone else doesn't experience what I went through and am going through now, it needs to be done... There is no excuse for what happened to me and it could have been prevented. Hopefully it will save someone ... somewhere.... before it is too late... We all have to do what we can to get the word out. This illness is insidious and really a living death.

Thanks PAMB so much for viewing this...

Nielk

Kathi,

I'm sorry for all you had to go through.
I've heard from many patients that they feel they got sick from mold and mold avoidance is the only way they can start feeling better.

Thank you for going there and giving your oral speech. There is a need for them to understand that aspect and you did a great job explaining it to them.

Kathi

NIELK, sometimes you have to speak up more than once for them to get the message. I will continue to do whatever I can do so there is understanding on this aspect of CFS.

Love your quote.... it sure put a smile on my face when I read it.

Kathi

Honestly, my impression is that we are speaking to the choir at these meetings. I think they are as helpless as we are....and their hands are tied.
I listened to the Director of Social Security about getting our CFS diagnosis into their " blue book" for adjudicators..... His response was that he has attended three other disease meetings and they wanted to get their diagnosis in the book too. Washington is not a place where action seems to happen swiftly. Perhaps the protestors that day were more successful... I am glad I went and glad to help, but gee why doesn't somebody get it yet!!