• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylfolate and Immunity

Tiger Lily 813

Hi, I've been looking all over to try to make sense of this, but I am concerned about the level of active folate and it's effect on immunity/natural killer cell behavior.
I've been more or less doing Rich's protocol with a low dosage of 400 mcg metafolin daily. I think I still tend to accumulate folate over a series of days and then need to take a break and restart to slow methylation down. This is at least what I believe is going on...
Anyways I have had a surge of activity from Demodex mites (particularly bothering my eyes but after treating that area they seem to be branching out everywhere else) which can happen from a drop in immunity (we are usually strong enough to fight this stuff off), or an increase in fungus/yeast. After this happened I started Nystatin powder in an effort to bring down candida, in case that was the cause, but it's not helping.
I am wondering if this could be a result of decreased natural killer cell activity? Has anyone encountered a reaction like this?
Any thoughts would be so very appreciated : )