• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methylation Panel After Starting Protocol.

Ema

I was cleaning out my supplement closet and found the methylation test kit from Health Diagnostics. I ended up starting the methylation protocol before doing the test but now I have the order from my doctor and was thinking about doing it as a follow up to see where things stand now.

My question is - do I need to stop taking the B12, methylfolate and B complex for a period of time prior to testing? Any other contraindications to testing?

Thanks!
Ema

richvank

Hi, Ema.

You don't need to stop anything. In our clinical study, the people had this test every three months, and they didn't stop taking the supplements. The results came out smoothly improving over time.

Best regards,

Rich

Patrick*

Formerly PWCalvin
AMAZING! I just came on here to ask the exact same question.

I hadn't even considered stopping my supplements before the test, but the instructions from Health Diagnostics tell you to that. Glad to know the real scoop. Thanks.