• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Methyl B12 patches

Al Klein

I pop an enzymatic methyl B12 as soon as I wake, but I really struggle on the 3 days a week that I have to leave the house before 7:45am, to give it enough time to absorb before eating.

Previously to this protocol I had tried and had good response from B12 patches, so am considering trying these on the 3 days that I leave early
http://www.amazon.com/Vie-Patch-Strength-Sluggish-Methylcobalamin/dp/B00772H2SM/

I wonder if anyone has any experience of doing this?

Thanks
Al

Mr. Cat

You might have to report back on this. . At that dose, I'd need three patches a day, or a $20 box every 2 days. They also have Folic Acid, which is usually contraindicated for folks on the methylation protocol.

I have my once-daily AOR Methylcobalamin Ultra 15mg mb12 right after breakfast, so it has plenty of time to absorb before I eat next. You said you tried B12 patches before - what kind, and how did it go?

Al Klein

Before I started methylation protocol I used these between the hydroxo shots, maybe once a week, but I NEVER NOTICED the folic acid - thanks for pointing that out grrr!

I thought you should take methylcob BEFORE eating, not sure why I think that now as it gets absorbed sublingually. AFTER eating would make my schedule much easier

I never heard of the AOR product before, and I didnt realise people took as much as 15MG!!!!!! make my enzymatic therapy 1MG look pretty puny!