• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mercury chelation question

I received my NutraEval test results, which indicated high mercury and copper. I have a mouth full of amalgams so no surprise here. My MD said that mercury contributes to gut dysbiosis, which is also a problem.

He wants me to chelate mercury with DMSA and ALA. However, according to the Cutler protocol, one should removal their amalgams before chelating. I asked my dr. about this, and he said that isn't necessary b/c the mercury could be in the tissues, etc and not just from the fillings.

I would like to have my amalgams removed and have a consult this week. However, I'm scared to get anesthia right now in case my histamine is still high (as anesthia increases histamine).

Has anyone chelated mercury WITH amalgams still in? Or know if this is advisable?
Thanks.

helen1

Andy Cutler says definitely no and he's the expert in this field so I would not chelate with amalgams still in. What happens when you get local anesthetic with your histamines? And I wonder if you could request a type of anesthetic that is less likely to set off a histamine reaction.

Last edited:

Sparrowhawk

The Adult Chelation and Frequent Dose Chelation discussion groups on Yahoo! are very clear on this point, do NOT chelate with amalgams still in place. Even if you don't get Cutler's books, you can learn a ton just reading the daily posts from those two groups. Step one is get the amalgams out, with a dentist trained to do so safely.

Violeta

I received my NutraEval test results, which indicated high mercury and copper. I have a mouth full of amalgams so no surprise here. My MD said that mercury contributes to gut dysbiosis, which is also a problem.

He wants me to chelate mercury with DMSA and ALA. However, according to the Cutler protocol, one should removal their amalgams before chelating. I asked my dr. about this, and he said that isn't necessary b/c the mercury could be in the tissues, etc and not just from the fillings.

I would like to have my amalgams removed and have a consult this week. However, I'm scared to get anesthia right now in case my histamine is still high (as anesthia increases histamine).

Has anyone chelated mercury WITH amalgams still in? Or know if this is advisable?
Thanks.

Maybe Andy Cutler's protocol isn't good for you with your amalgams still in place, but taking clay could only be good for you. If you reduce the load of mercury and other acids and toxins before you get your amalgams removed, you certainly will be in a better place to have them removed. Acids in your mouth will continually cause mercury to be released from your amalgams. Clay in your mouth and digestive tract will not cause your amalgams to leak. It will alkalize your body and saliva, and you will have less leakage.

chilove

I agree with Violetta. Both calcium bentonite clay and activated charcoal are much safer, gentler chelation options anyway. Get your amalgams out by a bio safe trained dentist. DO the vitamin C IV or at the very least take lots of vitamin C, clay and activated charcoal before and after the trip to the dentist. Just having two amalgams removed put me in mercury detox hell. Calcium bentonite clay saved the day. I love it!

pemone

This is a very late reply, sorry. This is why you need to find an expert in detox, preferably more than one, and then read Dr Andrew Cutler's book. Take all that information and think before you act. Because the cost of getting it wrong is very high.

Chelators escape from the blood into your saliva, where they directly act on your amalgams and increase your mercury exposure.

It's just crazy to start a chelator with your amalgams in place.

Have the amalgams removed under local anesthetic. I did. It's more important to find a dentist who observes safety protocols than to worry about a local anesthetic.