• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME Irony Awards?

Valentijn

While reading some of the latest tabloid trash ( http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/d...-contradict-the-armed-wing-of-the-me-brigade/ ) I was genuinely amused by the following excerpt:

This is a tricky subject for me, because a colleague has been diagnosed with ME. He’s seriously ill: the breakdown of one part of his body after another cannot be explained by psychosomatic fatigue. On the other hand, I suspect that his condition has only been described as ME because doctors haven’t pinned down what’s going on.

In contrast, medical science has no great difficulty explaining what’s wrong with most people diagnosed, or self-diagnosed, with ME. Their brains create a debilitating fatigue and pain that often correlates with certain personality traits.

So what do people think about having a poll periodically for the funniest anti-ME pieces created by the media, and maybe an article or something to announce the "winners"?

biophile

Places I'd rather be.
Wessely must be a fine candidate for deeply objecting to being compared to Mengele while having no problem encouraging the media portrayal of all his critics as violent extremists who kill others for insulting their religion.

alex3619

Hi biophile, no wez activists are not violent extremists who kill others for insulting our religious icons. Wez worse than such people - thats the message given by Wessely and a few others. I mean he would be safer in Afghanistan! :rolleyes:

Bye, Alex

PS Maybe a yearly award? The Golden Dunce or something? :D Artists, get drawing so we can send it to this years recipient when we vote! Maybe we should first have a competition as to the best prize?