• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ME/CFS on TV drama - 'Doctors' on BBC1 (UK)

SOC

I'm glad you enjoyed some of the expressions.:)

Just to be sure, I checked Urban Dictionary and Wikipedia, and yes, ballix and bollocks have the same meaning, they are just spelled differently.
More than you'd ever want to know about the word:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks#Etymology
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ballix&defid=2840600
Thanks for those, very interesting. I enjoy a little linguistics of an evening. :)

This bit from the Wikipedia article may come in handy at the current time. :whistle:
When a great deal of bollocks is being spoken, it may be said that the 'bollocks quotient' is high.

I figure this is the modern equivalent to "The bullshit is running pretty deep here."

TiredSam

The wise nematode hibernates
In the interests of further research I have just watched Monday's episode of Doctors. It looks like the ME story was a one-off, they have all moved on in their world. One of the receptionists is going completely over the top about her cancer diagnosis and telling all the patients about it at any opportunity, another one is trying to match-make by arranging a dinner party and inviting the head doctor and the midwife who like each other but aren't doing anything about it so need a bit of a nudge. Meanwhile the main story was about a 47-year old woman with a pregant 16 year old daughter who thought she was getting menopausal (the 47-year old) but it turns out that she's pregant too so they'll be pushing their prams together, plus her marriage was a bit on the rocks but she had a big hug with her husband (who didn't fix a leaking pipe in the roof so her wedding dress went moldy, like her marriage) at the end and it looks like they'll be ok.

I am emotionally drained and going for a lie-down.