• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

MB12 and Methylfolate once a week?

As the title implies, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to supplement a larger dose of mb12, adeno and folate once a week as opposed to hourly doses.

Before b12 and folate: no energy, constantly fatigued, high homocysteine (haven't retested) lethargy, more frequent word slurring, dizzyness, nausea, low blood pressure and low morning cortisol

After b12: way more energy (nervous energy), antsy, double vision, high blood pressure, words come to me easier but at the expense of nervousness, overstimulation

Mb12 at lower doses (500mcg in one sitting) leaves me feeling like a shell of my true self, I get brain fog, some kind of unexplained dizzyness where I can't focus my eyes, and anxiety. At higher doses (10-15mg a day) my blood pressure rises and I feel like a tea kettle ready to pop. This might be due to my COMT+/+ and my VDR +/-, but I have several MTR and MTRR +/+ snps that need my attention

Folate at lower doses it's the same thing, oddly I had a neurological brightening when I first tried a 4.8mg dose of methylfolate. It felt like a low dose amphetamine and I was as social as I'd ever been on this protocol. I'd love to return to that but no amount of titrating has put me in that state again.

Hydroxy gave me depression off of a 500mcg dose and I can't process folinic (both MTHFS and MTHFD1 snps)

I was thinking that I can supplement adenob12 at 10mg (working up to 40mg) on Mondays, and mb12 with folate at 10mg and 4.8mg respectively (maybe less folate to avoid any paradoxical insuficiency symptoms)

Here's a study done on a weekly dose of folic acid to pregnant women, to prove it has its uses.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14985695/

Update: my body was desperately asking me for b12 in the form of extreme fatigue just an hour after waking up with 300mg of caffeine in my system already. I think dosing b12/folate once a week looks nice on paper but just impossible for people with ME/CFS

This is a little irrelevant, but do you guys dose adenob12 daily? Or once a week?

I'm already taking LCF around 1000mg a day split into 3 doses and 600mg of supplemental potassium with low sodium v8 in the mix

Last edited: