• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme, TMG, and Methylation

acrosstheveil

I have been taking active methylfolate/b12 sublingual (1 in morning), optimal multivitamin, and homocystex plus (b12, tmg, riboflavin, methylfolate).

It seems as though if I only take homocystex plus once or twice a week I will feel pretty good but it feels like it is too strong. I feel wired and alert like I drank a bunch of coffee (i hate coffee). I like feeling alert but I think the TMG is just too much stimulation for me to handle. I think I do better when I take 34 mg of activated riboflavin instead of the homocystex plus. Problem is, i feel under stimulated with just the riboflavin. I have also tried taking 30 mg of P5p 3x a day and zinc picolinate – 30mg twice a day but still feel pretty tired (this is without the homocystex plus).

Do you think I should try higher doses of riboflavin or maybe try a lower strength form or TMG? I feel like I am right at the tipping point between under/over methylation and I’m having lots of trouble finding the right ratio of nutrients. I also have had chronic lyme for the past 8 years which seems to be a neverending and sometimes hopeless battle.