• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lots of test results. Uncertain how to proceed

@caledonia

some new lab results:

Iron LO 13 14-29 umol/L
Iron Binding Capacity 49 45 - 72 umol/L
Iron Saturation 0.27 0.20 - 0.50
Hematocrit 0.433 0.400 - 0.500 L/L
Ferritin 50 22 - 322 ug/L
General Chemistry
Sodium 139 135 - 147 mmol/L
Potassium (Plasma) 3.7 3.4 - 4.5 mmol/L
Bilirubin Total 7 < 22 umol/L
Alkaline Phosphatase 67 45 - 129 U/L
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase LO 11 15 - 73 U/L
Aspartate Aminotransferase 21 7-37 U/L
Lactate Dehydrogenase 126 120 - 246 U/L

Homocysteine 7.1 <= 15.0 umol/L

25-Hydroxyvitamin D 117 75 - 250 nmol/L

Copper 14.2 9.0 - 23.0 umol/L
Zinc 13.1 Normal/Non-Exposed: 8.7 - 19.1 umol/L umol/L

Folate: Unable to calculate RBC Folate as the concentration of folate is greater than the upper reporting limit of the assay. The result suggests that the patient has sufficient levels of RBC folate.

pending:
Aldosterone
Adiponectin
Magneisum RBC
Mercury Blood
Total Bile Acids

caledonia

@caledonia

some new lab results:

Iron LO 13 14-29 umol/L
Iron Binding Capacity 49 45 - 72 umol/L
Iron Saturation 0.27 0.20 - 0.50
Hematocrit 0.433 0.400 - 0.500 L/L
Ferritin 50 22 - 322 ug/L
General Chemistry
Sodium 139 135 - 147 mmol/L
Potassium (Plasma) 3.7 3.4 - 4.5 mmol/L
Bilirubin Total 7 < 22 umol/L
Alkaline Phosphatase 67 45 - 129 U/L
Gamma Glutamyl Transferase LO 11 15 - 73 U/L
Aspartate Aminotransferase 21 7-37 U/L
Lactate Dehydrogenase 126 120 - 246 U/L

Homocysteine 7.1 <= 15.0 umol/L

25-Hydroxyvitamin D 117 75 - 250 nmol/L

Copper 14.2 9.0 - 23.0 umol/L
Zinc 13.1 Normal/Non-Exposed: 8.7 - 19.1 umol/L umol/L

Folate: Unable to calculate RBC Folate as the concentration of folate is greater than the upper reporting limit of the assay. The result suggests that the patient has sufficient levels of RBC folate.

pending:
Aldosterone
Adiponectin
Magneisum RBC
Mercury Blood
Total Bile Acids

All of your iron markers are trending low (one of them is actually low.) This is kind of strange if you're a male (assuming based on your name), but you have a MAO A +/- so that suggests female. (Males only have one MAO A mutation, so they're reported as either -/- or +/+.)

Check with your doc, but it sounds like some iron or ferritin supplementation would be in order.

Note that my doc says that if iron supplementation doesn't help bring up your levels, you may be low in moly, and some supplementation with that would be helpful.

caledonia

@caledonia

How do I determine how well I am able to detox? How can I improve my ability to detox?

If you have sensitivities to chemicals, drugs, food additives, etc. you're not detoxifying well. If you have mercury you're not detoxifying well. If you can't sweat you're not detoxifying well.

You can improve detox by avoiding chemicals, doing a methylation protocol which should improve glutathione status, taking antioxidants, eating your fruits and veggies, and chelating mercury or other metals.

@caledonia

I'll check on the MAO A mutation.

High Folate and Low B-12 Level leads to anemia

3. Other Vitamin or Mineral Deficiencies — Deficiencies in vitamin C, or the B complex (especially niacin) and minerals like iron, selenium, chromium and especially manganese and molybdenum can also result in elevated copper in the body.

Other Heavy Metal Toxicity — Metallothionein, one of your primary copper binding proteins, also attaches to other toxic metals like mercury and cadmium. So if one has a high level of these toxic metals, then all the metallothionein could be used up dealing with them, and not available to transport copper.

14. Impaired methylation. Methylation is one of your detox pathways that is needed to eliminate toxins like heavy metals from the body. If one is not methylating properly, then metals of all kinds, including copper, may build up in the body. Methylation may be be impaired due to deficiencies in a variety of nutrients like B6, B12, folic acid, or magnesium or it could be due to a genetic polymorphism.

So perhaps low C and iron are what is raising my copper as well as poor methylation (high mercury and other toxins)

http://www.holistichelp.net/blog/copper-toxicity-and-how-to-reduce-elevated-levels/

I've been taking 1200mg of NAC, 600mg in the morning and 600mg before bed, with no noticeable positive or negative effects. Any idea what side effects, positive or negative, I should look for?

Hi Drew,

How are you doing with this?

I am in a similar boat.

Have you made any progress?

How low is your libido?

Thanks

sunlight, good water, and magnetism have helped me big time. I'll be moving to playa del carmen for 8 months to improve on my results.