• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Looking for doc in US, prefer Mid-Atlantic

rel8ted

My friend texted me bc her daughter's allergist is testing her for mast cell issues. They are NOT happy with how she is being handled. It is a very busy practice and they don't seem to care much about anything that does not fit their normal routine. I previously had issues there when I flunked out of immunotherapy & they wanted to change my meds. I reminded the NP that everything has to gluten free bc I have Celiac. Her response was "that little bit won't hurt you, I just wouldn't worry about it." Um, it's an autoimmune disease and yes, it does hurt me. I react to the least bit of cross contamination. Anyway, they are now running into pretty much the same attitudes. The daughter is 18, and understandably scared.

If anyone could recommend a doc in VA,NC, WV, MD, I would be VERY grateful!!!