• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lead toxicity and DMSA

TheChosenOne

Three 250mg DMSA tablets, on one day of the week, every week, for three months.
This is way too much to start with! I'd suggest to start with 25mg DMSA. You should take it every 4 hours, because it has a half life of 4 hours.
The reason why you are more fatigued is because you are moving the lead around without actually getting rid of it. There is a reason why you have lead toxicity. Most likely, your body has a hard time to get rid of it, so there is no point in moving so much lead around at once.

I'll read up on the Cutler protocol when I have the energy.
The cutler protocol is pretty simple:
Use 25 mg (or more) DMSA every 4 hours 3 days on 3 days off (or longer).
Supplements:
• Vitamin C troughout the day.
• B50 or similar multi B vitamin.
• Vitamin E 1000 IU per day.
• Flax seed oil 10-30 grams per day.
• 200 mcg chromium picolinate with each meal.
• Magnesium 500-750 mg elemental equivalent per day in divided doses.
• Milk thistle extract 3-4 times per day.

The supplements are not that important and are mainly there to relieve symptoms. The most important part are the chelators and the antioxidants (vitamin C and E).

Beware of lead in bathtubs! The lead on my (provoked with 300 mg DMPS & 500MG DMSA 8 hour) Doctor's Data urine element test was 38 and should be less than 2. A hair element test in 2006 showed I was very toxic but in 2013 showed I was clear. Ironically, to help me detox by improving sulfate levels in my body, I take epsom salt baths every few days in my 1968 mobile home so now suspect the tub is a source of some of my chronic health challenges since my health has progressively gotten much worse since moving here in 2008. http://www.mommypotamus.com/lead-leaching-bathtubs-the-dirtiest-secret-in-your-bathroom/ My BHMT (shortcut through the methylation cycle) is +/+ for all and I have other genetic issues similar to Amy Yasko's patient analysis - see http://dramyyasko.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/03-A1-Mutation_Breakdown.pdf . l will be researching William Walsh's metallothionein protocol to see if it could possibly help my body process heavy metals better since some people are genetically more susceptible to problems than others see http://larrynewman-kirkman.blogspot.com/…/how-to-support-bi…. I used Andy Cutler's low dose alpha lipoic acid protocol to chelate mercury a few years ago after having silver dental fillings removed, but now know ALA doesn't chelate lead so will be trying Andy Cutler's method with the DMSA. I first tried 1 gram of fresh cilantro and had a flare so know I have to be very careful. If needed, I may try the EDTA that Amy Yasko has in a powder to take orally or a soak similar to epsom salt. I am now using a BPA free plastic foot size tub for my very helpful epsom salt soaks. Also, somewhat similar to chelation, I have somewhat successfully used guaifenesin for years for fibromyalgia per Dr. St. Amand's protocol who determined "fibromyalgia" is similar to gout.