• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

is it good to take sublingual Methylocobalamin when I sleep?

I take Jarrow B-12 Methylcobalamin 5000 mcg under the lip, one daily, and it bothers me too keep it there for a long time, and people tell me my teeth are bleeding.

I started taking it just before I go to sleep, so it stays there overnight. When I wake-up in the morning there is still pill residue under my lip, actually a bit stuck to my teeth and gums. It has a consistency of a paste. Can I brush that off with a toothbrush, or is there still some useful Methylcobalamin in there?

Is taking it like that overnight a good idea? I have no problem falling asleep with it, actually I fall asleep immediately and sleep well.

I also take Source Naturals Dibencozide 10mg (Adenosyl B12) but I take that in the morning, after wake-up, before my workout, as supposedly it helps with athletic performance.

I think if I take them at separate times, more of each gets absorbed. Or perhaps it doesn't matter and I can take both at night?

Is it a good idea to take it while sleeping, or is there some problem with that delivery method?

ahmo

I used MB12 at sleep time whenever I had an overmethylation reaction. But I don't think regularly spending the night w/ it is a good idea for your teeth. It might make your dentist quite happy.

Critterina

I read up on that very issue and asked my dentist. I was falling asleep with it, too. It turns out that if you have normal saliva flow, that there's likely nothing to worry about, but if you have low saliva (mine practically stops at night - I have woken up with a cough drop on my pickled tongue in the morning), then the acid may do bad things to your enamel.

Well, the Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000mcg has xylitol, which supposedly is good for teeth. But it also has citric acid.

I was more asking about the timing of the Methylocobalamin absorption. Or it doesn't matter, because it builds up in storage, and I could be doing 10000mcg every second day instead of 5000mcg every day and the effect would be the same?