• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IP-6 Inositol for iron chelation, or any other success?

Tiger Lily 813

Hi there, wanted to see if anyone had success with this. I'm mainly trying to lower iron with IP-6 Inositol, but am also interested in increasing NK cells and decreasing inflammatory cytokines.
I have read that it can do all of this, in anecdotal reviews. Doctors have not recommended it, but honestly the patient experiences (many on this website) have lead me to better treatments than the doctors overall.
I took it twice so far and I think it is doing some good... I feel less inflammation, better mood, less arthritis. It made me lazy though as a side effect, but if it is in fact chelating then of course it would have to make me tired.
After over doing iron in the past, I'm very cautious of supplements. I've read that IP-6 Inositol can deplete all minerals if not taken carefully. But if I take it 2 hrs away from food, that should be ok?
If anyone would share what kind of regularity/dosage they have taken with success that would be helpful in sorting out since I'm basically experimenting on myself at this point. The kind that I bought has cal/mag and phosphorus in it.
I'm actually not taking anything else currently other than weekly MMS to fight infections.
Thanks!