• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intramuscular Antibiotic Injection

Gingergrrl

Just to add I have severe immune deficiency because of ME - my IgG levels are all over the place. I can't fight ANY infection which was just recurrent shingles then I developed a liver disease called Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis which I was told I had when I was very ill overseas (we lived in Cape Town when all this happened and the care was just excellent). I get infections in the bile ducts and when I came back to doctors in the UK they just laughed and me and said nonsense. I got ten minutes of their time and was out the door. Then I went under the Royal Free for a year and they did NOTHING about these attacks, no care plan, they REFUSED to admit me into the liver ward and I lay on my bathroom floor vomiting bile and crapping bile out for five days. They didn't believe I was sick either so I'm being taken under a new doctor but it doesn't change the fact that if I get another attack of cholangitis - I have no hospital to go to and cholangitis can kill you and probably will kill me.

@Uno This is so terrible, I don't even know what to say. Are you able to go back to Cape Town or have treatment in another country? I know that is extreme but you are facing such extreme negligence right now, it is criminal. Can you switch to another hospital like what JamBob recommended?

Uno

This is Worthing I am referring to. Brighton are under a horrible Gastro there who would probably do the same thing - my mum was under him and he wouldn't give Her a thing. I think there's new laws out under the Government about the giving of IV antibiotics. They keep saying they don't want to make me resistant - I can't be resistant if I'm bloody dead!!!

Uno

@Uno This is so terrible, I don't even know what to say. Are you able to go back to Cape Town or have treatment in another country? I know that is extreme but you are facing such extreme negligence right now, it is criminal. Can you switch to another hospital like what JamBob recommended?
We are going back to America but I have an appointment at the liver unit in Birmingham and am coming off the meds that keep me stable before then and am so scared ill get an infection before the appointment. I'm hoping if I am bad they will take me into the liver ward. Not to mention I'm terrified here. Beyond terrified.

Uno

I
We are going back to America but I have an appointment at the liver unit in Birmingham and am coming off the meds that keep me stable before then and am so scared ill get an infection before the appointment. I'm hoping if I am bad they will take me into the liver ward. Not to mention I'm terrified here. Beyond terrified.
ive been septic twice since July and it's made
Me bedbound so it's going to be a nightMare getting up there!!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
We are going back to America but I have an appointment at the liver unit in Birmingham and am coming off the meds that keep me stable before then and am so scared ill get an infection before the appointment.
Birmingham UK or Alabama?

Sushi

ukxmrv

So sorry Uno, this is a terrible position to be in.

Did you see the thread talking about Dr Montoya and SIRS. Thought of you when I saw this.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...015-with-dr-montoya-and-dr-unger.35141/page-2

"Something additional Dr. Montoya mentioned that I hadn't heard before - and I couldn't quite catch all he said because his accent was so heavy (although he was very articulate!) - was that they had found a 100% correlation between ME/CFS/SEID and an illness called Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS)* in some important aspect (cytokines or some other immunological profile??)."

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systemic_inflammatory_response_syndrome

Gingergrrl

@Uno I am worried about you and was wondering why you have to come off the medications that keep you stable before you come back to the US and have your appt? If you are prone to infections and sepsis, it is very easy to catch an infection flying on a plane (even for a healthy person) so you'd want your immune system as strong as possible before you fly.

Birmingham UK or Alabama? Sushi

I had the same question and was confused if your appt is in the UK or in Birmingham, Alabama in the U.S.? Is there any way to talk to the liver ward in advance so they are prepared (and you do not have to go through the ER?) I know your system is vastly different than ours but I am trying to think if there is any way that your doctor can plan ahead?

Uno

@Uno I am worried about you and was wondering why you have to come off the medications that keep you stable before you come back to the US and have your appt? If you are prone to infections and sepsis, it is very easy to catch an infection flying on a plane (even for a healthy person) so you'd want your immune system as strong as possible before you fly.

I had the same question and was confused if your appt is in the UK or in Birmingham, Alabama in the U.S.? Is there any way to talk to the liver ward in advance so they are prepared (and you do not have to go through the ER?) I know your system is vastly different than ours but I am trying to think if there is any way that your doctor can plan ahead?
GINGERGIRRL - the medication I am on is only available in the US - I have to come over to get it and I've run out and until I've had my appointments sorted I can't get anymore and it's EXPENSIVE! Like thousands of dollars expensive. I asked if I can be taken into the liver ward but they said no!

Gingergrrl

@Uno Thank you for explaining and I did not realize that you were already out of the med. I think my mind was trying to find a solution and sometimes there just isn't one which is so frustrating. So instead I am saying a prayer for your safe trip to the U.S. and that you will get the med you need without any further infections or frustration. Keep us posted here.

Uno

@Uno Thank you for explaining and I did not realize that you were already out of the med. I think my mind was trying to find a solution and sometimes there just isn't one which is so frustrating. So instead I am saying a prayer for your safe trip to the U.S. and that you will get the med you need without any further infections or frustration. Keep us posted here.
Thank you for caring. I have found a nurse. I already began vomiting today and my fever is up a little. The meds are stuck at customs!