• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How/When To Increase Active B12 Protocol Supplements?

My husband and I started Fredd's Active B12 protocol a week ago. We have a base vitamin regimen that we've been on for 9 months (B, C, D, A, E, Omegas, etc.) So, I added one Jarrow Formulas 5mg Methyl B12, one Solgar Metafolin 800 mcg and one TMG 1000 mg.

We do not have ME/CFS, but have a host of other issues that leave us generally sick and exhausted (me - PCOS, inflammation, fatigue, brain fog, adrenal fatigue & him - autoimmune thyroid, hyperactive immune system, asthma, fatigue, muscle pain/weakness, recovering adrenals from week of high dose corticosteroids in January, etc.).

The first day we took the MB12, Metafolin and TMG, we both felt better than we have in literally years. On day 3, I was a little more sleepy, but that went away in a few days after making sure I was taking in plenty of potassium rich foods and stopping our B-Complex with folic acid (I've got the B-Complex without folic acid on order). My husband has already seen improvements in his muscle pain/weakness and asthma.

Since we are both tolerating the MB12, Metafolin and TMG rather well, I am now wondering how best to get to optimal levels of these supplements for healing? From what I'm reading about Fredd's zones of healing, it looks like starting with zone 3A1, the amounts of MB12 and Metafolin are quite significant (50-60mgs MB12 with sufficient Metafolin).

1. While keeping an eye on symptoms of low potassium and folate deficiency, do I start by keeping the MB12 the same and titrating up Metafolin first or increase both at the same time and in what ratio?

2. When do I add AdB12?

3. Once I increase or add, how long do I need to stay at that level to make sure it's stable and not causing low potassium or folate deficiency?

I get that alot of this is trial and error and very individual, but would appreciate the feedback of those that have already gone down this route.

After having felt normal (great energy, no brain fog, great sleep) on that first day, I am excited to continue on this road to healing.

P.S. Fredd and others here - thanks for all the time and energy you have put into healing yourselves and sharing. I have spent over 9 months researching our own medical conditions and pursuing nutritional treatments without horrid side effects that truthfully most doctors aren't even aware of, much less recommending. Their solution is always the same worthless and often dangerous pharmaceutical treatments where the risk/benefit analysis doesn't warrant the potential side effects. I am convinced that, in general, our bodies are designed to heal themselves given the right building blocks!

adreno

PR activist
I would say that if you get no side effects for 3-4 days you can titrate the dose.