Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to reduce high dose methylfolate without paradox?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by NoelF, Sep 14, 2018.

1. NoelF

NoelF

I could use some insight on how to deal with paradoxical folate deficiency when taking high dose (10-15mg) methylfolate each day.

I've been following Freddd's protocol with quite some success. Generally I feel much better and am pretty satisfied with my health. There is still lots to improve, but I feel great compared to before. I am thinking of going travelling for some time, and actually want to reduce my supplement intake to a bare minimum. Now when I try to reduce my supplement intake slowly, I end up with a paradoxical folate deficiency and have to go back to my 'normal' dose of 15mg methylfolate a day to avoid a sudden hard shut down.

Can anyone here share their experience on how to reduce high dose methylfolate without ending up with deficiency symptoms? I want to avoid having to take a backpack of supplements with me while travelling.

@Freddd perhaps? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

See more popular forum discussions.