Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Hidden dental infection

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by fireflymd, Jan 13, 2018.

1. fireflymd

fireflymd Senior Member

I traced the beginnings of my CFS to be temporally related to my first root canal. When I finally had this root canal tooth extracted, the roots were blackened/necrotic.

A week later, I felt cured—I felt completely normal again; that my CFS had completely resolved.

When I returned 3 months later to start the implant process, the bone this rotted tooth had been sitting in had collapsed quite a bit.

Shortly afterward, I had radiation therapy for a very tiny breast cancer, and 3 weeks later was completely debilitated. I have not recovered since.

If the maxillary bone that housed the rotted root canal tooth is still infected, how would I know?

The rotted roots never showed up on any digital panoramic x-ray or CT scan.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Pink, sb4, SueJohnPat and 2 others like this.
  2. Rlman

Rlman Senior Member

Toronto, Canada
    have you seen the threads on this forum about cavitations? they should be helpful. @Ian is the expert on this. He shared his recovery story.

Pink, ljimbo423 and fireflymd like this.
  3. Ian

Ian Senior Member

When you have dead teeth, the infection spreads into the adjacent bone. It's really important when the tooth is removed, the the site is also surgically cleaned out. And the bone is cut down until healthy bone is reached and bleeding is induced into the socket. Simply opening the site and pulling the tooth will kill the anaerobic bacteria, and you will get short term relief. But without surgically cleaning out the bone, there is a very high chance that as soon as the gum heals over the site, the the supply of oxygen is cut off that the anaerobic bacteria will start growing again.

Sancar, ScottTriGuy, sb4 and 5 others like this.
  4. Pink

Pink Senior Member

Tri state area
    Can you link the threads on cavitations? Many of my symptoms really flared around the time of my wisdom teeth removal.

Sancar likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.