• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting my scooter!!!

I'm so excited! My insurance is going to cover a scooter for me. I can use it both in and out of my house, and it will make getting around so much easier! I'm so excited!

Lynne B

Michelle, Good for you! Anything that lightens our energy load and gives us greater mobility has to be worthwhile! Good luck with the scooter, hopes it works out as you plan.

LaurelW

That's awesome! I have often wanted one of those, but the lightweight kind that is easy to fold up and put in the car.

hurtingallthetimet

thats great im sure it will help you alot to get around...one doctor suggested i use the motorcarts in store when im feeling really pain and fatigue and ive not yet...i know i shouldnt but im embarassed...ive not been treated that well since being ill by people i thought were friends..family think i look fat and healthy and should act that way...i try hard to not let the pain and fatigue show...i dont go shopping as much as i use to by myself getting harder...and when i did go i over did it everytime..it was always the same..i have social phobias also and i would tell myself before i went that i wouldnt get that much..but id panic eveytime and load full so i wouuldnt have to go back again for awhile and id run through the store in pain like i was in a race...and i was a race to get eveything unloaded on register in car and back home...so i could finally breathe and be out of the lights sounds traffic...it is terrifying for me to go shopping but i have to for family...but hubby and kids help more now...i just hate asking for help feel like im burden enough..

sorry to vent about it...just made me thgouth of shopping...but very happy for you that you are getting the help you wanted and needed and that the insurance is helping out...that is rare these days it seems

I have a GoGo Scooter and I just love it. I was lucky to have store a block away with big double auto doors and I could just put items in my little basket and it was wonderful to be able to shop for myself. Also I had no steps to get outside - bonus. It is too big to maneuver around the house unless you have a large room to turn around in. It comes apart in easy pieces for loading in the car. Cheers to whatever makes our life easier.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Great news Michelle. We are thinking about buying one for me. We talked to someone with a Pride Gogo at a office. She loves it. I use a w.chair in large places right now for POTS.