• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gene expression review on stress reduction

I wondered if anybody has seen this paper ? I've uploaded the pdf.
I felt it was quite interesting but then I wondered if I'm just too easy to get wool pulled over my eyes?
I also need to confess I use horizontal yoga and visualisation! However I know these techniques will not cure ME/CFS but they might help a little?
I would be interested in others views on this.

Attachments

• What is molecular signature Mnd_body interventions sys review 2017.pdf
    472.6 KB · Views: 15

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
I expect that the results they found were found in essentially healthy subjects. So if things are working properly than maybe this is a possible outcome but when things are broken then the results might not apply? (don't know the answer but it's not a certainty that they would I think).

I couldn't read it all but I am concerned that this is another way to avoid real treatment protocols for those who are ill if they extend the results to that group.

Otherwise I think that doing any of the activities could be helpful in a temporary an minor way. And many many simply find enjoyment in the activities.

I'm sure others will have more specific and detailed things to say.