• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gag! Was it the sulphur?

Paralee

I took a Glucosamine Chondroitin this morning before I read the ingredients. I can't do sulphur (sp?) and then I realized I needed to read them and it had MSM and sulphur in it. I told myself it would be ok and about 20 min. later I was dizzy and then the toilet became my best friend for too long.

I'm wondering if just the sulphur and MSM did this to me or if something else could have contributed? Still have some kind of woozy type hangover. Thanks

Paralee

@Gondwanaland , ok, I've heard of that word with the genetics. Thanks for telling me what to call it and..........I don't like it. Even the sulphur antibiotics didn't do this bad, or maybe I'm getting worse. Gondwanaland, I finally took a little niacin and that seemed to help a little. What do you think? Oops, I thought I was misspelling sulfur.:rolleyes:

Gondwanaland

I've heard of that word with the genetics
Actually it appears to be a state induced by taking unbalanced B vitamins and, according to my personal interpretation of my own reactions, reflects poor glucose metabolism.

Interestingly sulfur antibiotics sent me to the ER wheezing almost having anaphylaxis, while a couple of years later MSM "just" dropped my blood pressure & blood sugar.

Paralee

I only took about 15 mg. niacin because I know it shouldn't be overdone and I thought maybe I was over methylating. I don't completely understand the sulfur and histamine and the methylation actions. I do have a malabsorption issue with B12, I wonder if that could be it.
Edit, not malabsorption, it goes into the makeover process somewhere, I think.