• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Folate receptor antibodies and cerebral folate deficiency

aquariusgirl

Hi
has anyone run across Dan Rossignol's work on folate receptor antibodies in autistic kids?

Rossignol is a DAN! doc based in Melbourne, FLa.

I can't find his paper just now...if it's a published paper. He presented at autism one this past week ,but that site is down right now.

Will post when I find.
Here's a link to his site. Unsee it there unless mistaken.

http://www.icdrc.org/research.html
Thanks

determined

I wasn't able to use either of the above links, but I did google "folate receptor antibodies."

Regardless of the etiology of CFS, there is certainly a strong autoimmune component.

When I had such a pronounced (beneficial) reaction to a "diluted speck" of methylfolate and mB12, I did wonder if it were working more as an inocculation - shifting the immune system - rather than direct replacement of deficient levels of these chemicals.

I can see why Nancy Klimas is so interested in the immunology of CFS.