• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

first try with hydroxy B12

Today I tried the Perque hydroxy B12 sublinguals (got them from Holistic Health), tried 1 mg (half a tablet). Didn't notice anything for a couple hours, then went through about three hours of brutal muscle pain. Now I'm starting to less muscle pain and a relative sense of well-being. ("sense of well-being" is always relative to my normal state of suffering--if it were really a full state of well-being I wouldn't have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue). Feel some mental benefits, more focus and less brain fog.

I'm not going to try them every day. I think I'm going to try them once, then several days off. I tend to get insomnia and racing thoughts as side-effects of various supplements, so I want to take it easy. Also I think it's easier to notice the effects if I alternate days on and days off, due to getting the contrast of effect.

But right now I'm optimistic.

Mike

Okay, later today: NOT GOOD. I'm going into dark mania. This is simultaneous racing thoughts and dark, depressed thoughts. I don't know what I can do in order to tolerate B12. This is worse than methyl B12, which just made me irritable but didn't cause dark mania.