• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Exposing the Deception: SEID is not ME!

Nielk

The US government health agencies and some organizations who purport to represent people with ME (pwME) are deceiving this community by purposefully conflating names and criteria for myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME), and the government constructs chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) and systemic exertion intolerance disease (SEID). These organizations are complicit with carrying out the government’s nefarious actions in burying a severe neurological disease, ME, which has killed and rendered hundreds of thousands of Americans severely disabled for many decades.

HHS is Adopting SEID Criteria While Cloaking with ME Name
In defiance of ME stakeholders, the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC), ME expert doctors and researchers, advocates, and patients, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has consistently refused to adopt the name myalgic encephalomyelitis with its definition created by ME experts (the latest one being the International Consensus Criteria (ICC)) for the distinct disease. HHS admits that the disease ME, as classified by the World Health Organization (WHO) as a neurological disease since 1969, exists as distinctive and unequal to CFS and SEID, yet they refuse to formally recognize it, adopt its proper name and criteria, fund it and educate about it.

Why would HHS state that ME exists yet deny care for the people suffering from the disease? There is no question that since the 1980’s there has been an HHS agency-wide effort to cover up facts about ME, including the dozens of outbreaks of ME worldwide. Once they have started on the path of erasing history, HHS cannot politically afford to change course. Unless exposed publically or challenged legally, HHS will not admit to their malfeasance of attempting to erase a disease and therefore they keep inventing new vague umbrella entities with demeaning names to cover up their wrongful actions

Read entire blog here -